Friday, March 13, 2015

PREVIEWS Women In Comics Month: Interview with Carolyn Belefski



In honor of Women in Comics this March, PREVIEWSworld interviewed me. Have a small taste of the interview below, then read the full article here: 
http://www.previewsworld.com/Home/1/1/71/1264?articleID=160953

PREVIEWSworld: Tell us a little bit about yourself! What are you currently working on?



Carolyn Belefski: I'm a cartoonist and designer based out of the Washington, DC area. I have just launched a Kickstarter campaign to fund a print run of all the "Curls" comic strips I've ever done collected into one book. I'm working on comic anthologies—I have a story in RISE #2 (MAR151438) from Northwest Press—and other activities with Curls Studio. I also produce a blood drive with the American Red Cross called "Cartoonists Draw Blood" and we'll be having a drive later this year on Halloween day. It's the perfect mix of blood and comics! Check out my portfolio online at www.CarolynBelefski.com to keep up with the latest news and view my creations.



PREVIEWSworld: How long have you been working with sequential art? What titles, companies, and creators have you worked with over your time in comics?



Carolyn Belefski: I've been creating comics professionally for about 6 years, but I knew I wanted to be involved with the arts from a young age. I write and draw the comic strip, Curls. I also work with writer Joe Carabeo on the comic books Kid Roxy, Black Magic Tales, and The Legettes. Outside of self-publishing, I do freelance work and have completed projects with Clorox, Gannett, National Geographic, and more. Jimmy Palmiotti asked me to draw a pin-up for his book, Queen Crab (DEC110483), published by Image Comics. I also did a cover for Cartoon Network's Adventure Time book, published by BOOM! Studios. Recently, I was asked by The White House to do a series of comics for HealthCare.gov. I'm really excited to have had the opportunity to work with these people to create great experiences.

No comments: