Thursday, March 5, 2015

Curls Kickstarter Update -- 60% Funded



Hi everyone,

I just got back inside from shoveling snow. Now I'm happy to be by the warmth of this glowing monitor. It means so much to me and I love to make other people happy with art and stories, so I'm thrilled to have people joining me on this Curls Kickstarter adventure.

Today we passed the $3,000 mark and became 60% funded.

There's still a lot to accomplish and we have 19 days to do it.

I'm excited that some of my heroes in the comics industry have tweeted or retweeted news about the Kickstarter (Raina Telgemeier, Brad Guigar, Jimmy Palmiotti, Kenneth Rocafort, Dean Haspiel, and Elizabeth Watasin to name a few). Now if I could only get Michelle Obama to Instagram again! I wish. 

Since this is my first Kickstarter, I'd like to know if you have any suggestions on how I can make the currently running campaign better or if there are backer rewards you'd like me to offer that I have not thought of.

We've recently been covered online by ComicsDC, Comics in Education, and Team Cul de Sac. Are there any media outlets or specific interest niches you think would dig the Curls comic strip? Maybe you yourself have a blog and want to help get the world out? Reach out to me at info@curls-studio.com if you have any ideas.

I did some math and if everyone who has already pledged recruited at least one person each to pledge for the Curls book, we would be 100% funded. Send your friends a direct link -- http://kck.st/1EprkMX -- or use the "Share this project" button under the video to connect with your pals on Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, or Embed Video or Widget on your website or blog. 

Thanks! 

XOXO,

Carolyn

No comments: