Tuesday, October 22, 2019

Recap: Baltimore Comic-Con 2019


Add another Baltimore Comic-Con to the books (and hopefully another curly W in the books tonight in game one of the Word Series)! Not just any Baltimore Comic-Con -- we celebrated the 20th birthday of this wonderful show that Curls Studio has been exhibiting at since 2007! It does truly get better each and every year.

I got to participate in the Baltimore Comic-Con Yearbook, celebrating creators appearing at this year’s show. This year’s book of art featured interpretations of characters from Blacksad, one of my all-time favorite comics about a black cat private eye. This is BCC Yearbook number eight (my third -- I got to contribute to the Archie Yearbook in 2016 and Strangers In Paradise in 2018).

The highlight of the show for me was meeting Blacksad artist Juanjo Guarnido and having him sign my Blacksad books (I have them all in English). I had met him once before years ago at NYCC, but I didn't know he was going to be there and didn't have my books for him to sign, so I was prepared to meet him again more formally this past weekend.

Thanks to the Kids Love Comics section, Baltimore Comic-Con staff, volunteers, exhibitors, and attendees for making this event so memorable. We hope to be back next year with new comics!

No comments: