Friday, October 4, 2019

Inktober 2019: HijINKs!


Every October, artists all over the world take on the Inktober drawing challenge by doing one ink drawing a day the entire month. I've participated for the past two years and I figured, why stop there? Let's go for a third year.

My first Inktober in 2017 had a theme of "Turtles," where I drew 31 turtles on 2.5x3.5" art cards. I've sold the original art at comic conventions. I also took all the illustrations and made them into a small book, which is available for purchase in my store: www.carolynbelefski.com/store

My second Inktober in 2018 had a theme of "Dessert Desert Creatures," where I drew 31 creatures on 2.5x3.5" art cards. I've sold the original art at comic conventions and online. I again took all the illustrations and made them into a small book, which is also available for purchase in the online store.

This year I decided to do something completely different and experimental -- something I've been calling "HijINKs!" as the theme. Using only water, a straw, Pelikan "Brilliant Black" ink (I believe is from my Grandfather) that is turning blue when it dries, and a Sakura white jelly roll pen -- I'm making art 2.5x3.5" art cards. Instead of waiting until the project ends, I've been posting them to the store as each day releases, so potential customers have the opportunity to purchase the originals, first-come, first-serve daily.

Follow along on my Instagram (@CarolynBelefski) to see how the project progresses. I can't wait to see what each day of Inktober brings!

No comments: