Friday, October 15, 2010

Wonder Woman Day


CAROLYN BELEFSKI!
WW08
11x14 ink
Curls, The Legettes!

I have recently created a sketch for Wonder Woman Day 2010. The sketch has been donated to Comic Fusion - a comic store in Flemington, New Jersey - to use in an auction to benefit SAFE in Hunterdon, a non-profit agency serving victims of domestic violence and sexual assault in Hunterdon County, New Jersey.


Above is a photo of me with Stacy from Comic Fusion as she picked up my art at New York Comic Con last Friday. I still need to post photos and write a recap blog for NYCC 2010 and "The Other Side of the Table" panel, but will probably not get to it until after I get back from Pittsburgh Indy Comics Expo this weekend.

The inspirations behind my sketch are Mad Men, vintage stylings, secretary style, Bruce Timm, and making sure Wonder Woman was not wearing pants - because skirts are so rad.

Online bidding for sketches is now OPEN and will end midnight on October 23rd. Email info@comicfusion.com to bid on all this wonderful original art.

Some artists who donated include Darwyn Cooke, Dean Haspiel, Sergio Aragones, Billy Tucci, Herb Trimpe, Michael Golden, Ben Caldwell, Thom, Zahler, David Mack, Jay Fife, Josh Lyman... and more!

Please bid on my Wonder Woman sketch (Carolyn Belefski - WW08) because I want to raise a lot of money for this cause! Thank you.

XOXO,
Carolyn

No comments: