Thursday, June 5, 2008

Politics and Project Resolution



I came across two photos on the internet today that took me back a few years. The photos are of Tim Kaine (Governor of Virginia) and Mark Warner (former Governor of Virginia) holding flyers with an illustration I did for the Project Resolution prompt, "Tony Danza’s Live Circus" back in 2005. The other guy in the photos is George, Project Resolution's Technical Director.

Oh man, I remember trying to get Tony Danza to come to the show because at that time he had a talk show that had a segment called "Tony Comes To Your Town!" or something like that. I wrote letters to try get get him to come to Project Res, but he never showed up...

Project Resolution is a monthly event in Richmond, Virginia where filmmakers are invited to present their work to receive feedback and critique. There is a prompt each month that filmmakers use to get motivated and create a short film.

You can go back in time and see the flyers I illustrated to advertise the shows by going to the Project Res website and clicking on past shows. I did most of them between the years 2003 and 2005.


This is my favorite flyer. It was for an open prompt, where people could do whatever they wanted to do. It just takes me back and it's cool to see two Governors of my home state holding the flyers!

No comments: