Monday, August 10, 2009

A1 Improv Showcase


Sunday, August 9, 2009 was my A1 Improve Showcase at Source in DC. I started taking improv classes with Washington Improv Theater this summer because it is something I have wanted to do for the past five years or so and was always a little afraid to go full force with. Then something hit me and I figured why the heck not. I took a trial class and had a lot of fun. It made me feel more confident than anything else in awhile, so that was when I knew I should give it a go. The classes are very enjoyable as well as the other students and our teachers Dan and Dereks. They pulled the best out of each of us. Everyone had a really good jive going on with each other.


I hope that these classes got my mind jogging with scripting comics and coming up with design or illustration concepts. I noticed the levels of thinking and how far you can really take things yet still have them connected to each other.


Something else I realized is that improv isn't only about being funny. It's about communicating and working as a team. I also learned to observe, not only with my eyes, but with my ears and with magical powers of group thought... and you know I love magic... and Criss Angel. So, here are some photos of the show from last night. I hope you enjoy!

No comments: