Monday, February 6, 2017

"Design Your Own Superhero" at The National Archives Sleepover – February 4, 2017


This past Saturday evening I was invited to take part in the sold-out US National Archives sleepover for a third time. Kids ages 8-12 along with their adult chaperones participated in several activities and spent the night next to America’s most important papers: the Declaration of Independence, the Constitution, and the Bill of Rights.

Local TV news channels DCW50 and WUSA9 covered the event. "Design Your Own Superhero" is the art activity I lead. We had a great time talking about different super powers and abilities.


I've heard a lot of positive reviews in the past when "What activity did you like the best?" feedback was received: 
• making a superhero was my favorite activity
• the picture room with the comic books
• create your own superhero
• I really liked righting the letter to the president, and the super hero pictures
• create your own superhero because I got to be creative
• I liked creating my superhero because I want to be one

More images and content can be found using hashtag #ArchivesSleepover. Thank you to the interns, volunteers, and the US National Archives for hosting such a unique opportunity for the children. 

Click the "National Archives" tag below to read my past blog entries about the event.

No comments: