Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Recap: Baltimore Comic-Con 2014



This past weekend Curls Studio exhibited at Baltimore Comic-Con. This year the show expanded to three days. I was unable to attend Friday, but Joe was able to set up and bring Karen Michele, a model and SFX makeup artist he works with. Later on Friday evening, Joe and Karen checked up the Drink and Draw at Hooters, organized by Joe Sutliff. I had a sketch in the suction and the proceed go to Team Cul de Sac and the Michael J. Fox Foundation to raise money for Parkinson's research. 


In addition to the third day, the space also switched to a larger part of the Baltimore Convention Center. I thought it looks more updated and the lighting was much more crisp and bright. We always have a great time at Baltimore Comic-Con. For some reason this is a show I always reunite with a lot of former co-workers at as I've seen people from my past three professional jobs there. I even got to teach my co-worker's new baby to create his first high five!


I enjoyed signing these autograph cards a fan made. They got really creative with the clipping path! 

We were interviewed for the podcast Comix Gab, which you can listen to here: http://www.comixgab.com/post/97008787721/comix-gab-episode-13-the-team-goes-down-to

Oh yeah, and I made a Vine


Quite a few people picked up the exclusive Adventure Time cover I did for issue #29, which came out a couple months ago.


Many people also picked up Magic Bullet #9, a comic anthology composed of mostly Washington, DC creator. This issue's theme is western and I enjoyed editing it. Here is a photo of Nick Galifianakis and I. Nick created this wonderful cover art for us.


Our hope is to exhibit again at Baltimore next year (save the date for September 25-27, 2015), but in the meantime you can see us this Saturday at Small Press Expo in Bethesda, MD at Table H10.

No comments: