Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Recap: Baltimore Comic-Con 2013

Being as it's the very last day of 2013, I should recap the fall touring season for Curls Studio. Excuses aside, it has been very busy for the past five months. Can't believe Baltimore Comic-Con was September 7-8, 2013 and we are just starting to recap it! 


On Saturday, I was invited to join Amy Chu's panel, "Self Publishing: You Can Do It" featuring Jimmy Palmiotti, Danielle Corsetto, George O'Connor, Dean Haspiel, and myself. The audio is here, if you'd like to take a listen: http://carolynandjoeshow.wordpress.com/2013/09/10/baltimore-comic-con-self-publishing-panel/

I got to attend my first Harvey Awards, which is a nice dinner and awards show hosted on Saturday night. The winner for "Best Online Comics Work" was Mike Norton's Battlepug. Since he was not present, Baltimore Comic-Con asked me to accept the award on his behalf, but I didn't know who was going to win until the announcement was made to everyone. The lights were very blinding on stage, but my big joke was that I didn't fall down when stepping up to the stage, so that's winning half the battle!

On Sunday, I took part in the "Team Cul de Sac" panel with Chris Sparks, Joe Sutliff, Dawn Griffin, and Barbara Dale. Here is the link to audio from the panel: http://carolynandjoeshow.wordpress.com/2013/09/19/zarvox-presents-the-team-cul-de-sac-bcc13-panel

We were able to recruit a few people to walk with us for the Parkinson's walk in DC because of the awareness from this panel. Here is the blog recap for the walk: http://curls-studio.blogspot.com/2013/11/recap-team-cul-de-sac-at-moving-day-2013.html

It was the greatest feeling to see several people at the show - even co-workers from the past couple full-time jobs I've held. Curls Studio really appreciates the support and enjoys seeing people come to the table year after year.

More photos from Baltimore Comic-Con 2013 are located here: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10152089889767381.1073741839.50763422380&type=3

Hope to see you next year! Mark your calendars for a three-day show next year. It's September 5-7, 2014!

No comments: