Monday, November 8, 2010

AIGA DC - When Lightning Strikes!


AIGA DC is asking people to submit 10 images of inspiration. I have decided to share my submission with you. I have a folder on my computer called "Imagery" and whenever I am having an uncooperative day, I take a moment to recharge by looking at these visuals that inspire me to create.

I am inspired by...


Goats in Trees.


Magic and Criss Angel who teaches me you can do anything you set your mind to.


Meeting Jeff Smith at my first SPX as a volunteer. At this moment, I knew I wanted to take my comics to a higher level.


Burlesque and The Pontani Sisters. Circus performers and sideshow entertainers.


This Fish.


This.


Working hard.


Creating iconic characters and allowing people to have fun.


Taking over the world.


Saving the world and believing in love.

Now what are you inspired by? Let AIGA DC know by submitting your 10 images and coming to When Lightning Strikes! on November 15, 2010.

Help kick off DC Design Week by submitting images of whatever makes you tick, creatively. We're asking you to get your creative juices flowing and show the world what inspires you. It could be a butterfly, things shaped like hearts, the National Cathedral, a big jet airplane... it doesn't matter what, who, or why—we want to see it!

There will be a show-and-tell slideshow presented by noted creatives including Pat Taylor, Antonio Alcalá, Philippa Hughes, John Foster, Judy Kirpich, Ethel Kessler, Carolyn Sewell, Terry Wilson, Richard Brandenburg, and Sam Shelton as special guest MC.

Submission details:

• Submissions should be JPGs with a brief description (25 words or less)
• Send all entries and questions to aigadcinspire@gmail.com
• Include in your email: your NAME and title of your submission
• Maximum one submission per person, 10 images per submission
• Submission should be no more than 10 megabytes
• Deadline for submissions is November 10th, 2010

This is not a competition. It's inspiration!

When Lightning Strikes!
Monday, November 15, 2010
6:30 PM - 8:00 PM
RFD – Regional Food and Drink
810 7th Street, NW
Washington, DC 20001

This is a free event! Limited street parking may be available in the area. Metro access is via the green, yellow, and red lines at the Gallery Place-Chinatown station, just across 7th street (northern exit).

Special thanks to RFD (Regional Food and Drink) for generously providing the space for this event.

No comments: