Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Belefski Interview with Washington City Paper


Mike Rhode posted his interview (Meet a Local Cartoonist: A Chat with Carolyn Belefski) today for Washington City Paper. Here is a sample of the interview and a link to the full shebang.

Washington City Paper: What type of comic work or cartooning do you do?

Carolyn Belefski: Dangerously adorable cartooning. I write and draw the webcomic Curls. I also collaborate with Joe Carabeo on the comic books Kid Roxy, Black Magic Tales and The Legettes. I have also been doing a sketch everyday since January in my Sketch Before Sleep blog.

WCP: When (within a decade is fine) and where were you born?

CB: I grew up being woken on Saturday mornings by Pee-wee’s Playhouse. I was born in Virginia.

WCP: Why are you in Washington now? What neighborhood or area do you live in?

CB: I’m in the greater Washington area now because after graduating from Virginia Commonwealth University, I landed my first freelance design gig in Northern Virginia. My career has been in the city and surrounding area ever since.


Continue to read the full interview here: http://www.washingtoncitypaper.com/blogs/artsdesk/general/2010/09/07/meet-a-local-cartoonist-a-chat-with-carolyn-belefski

No comments: