Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Recap: "Creative Scoop" Design Conference


Last Tuesday Curls Studio exhibited and attended the first annual "Creative Scoop" Design Conference at West Potomac Academy in Alexandria, Virginia. I found the event to be very motivational and wonderful. Although most of the focus was on fashion and modeling, I still got a lot out of the creative event and Joe and I enjoyed talk to the students afterwards. They have a lot of great things going on at the Academy... lovely Mac computers, a Project Runway inspired fashion department, and a silkscreening station for t-shirts! All that makes me wanna go back to high school. No, actually I don't know if I want to do it all over again... but maybe!


They are planning for the next conference to have several more art disciplines and that should be exciting. I saw a lot of creativity going on at this school. The work the students produced was already college level or better and that totally rocks. I'm sure their portfolios will be high quality when they graduate.


Some of the speakers included Paul Wharton of CW Television, Eddie Fam of iky Clothing, Susie Kay of Hoop Dreams, and Estella Ogbonna of Estella Couture. What a wonderful gathering of people creating dreams the night was. We hope to keep in contact with West Potomac Academy for the future.

No comments: