Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Memento Pmonk: An Art Auction For The P3 Fund


I have donated a Toast silkscreen print to Memento Pmonk: An Art Auction For The P3 Fund. This is an online, silent art auction in honor of the recently decreased Patrick Power to raise funds for his young son. Patrick was my first web design teacher at VCU and will be missed by many people. When you have a moment, check out the art for sale and place a bid on anything that strikes your fancy. The auction starts today and runs through February 2.

Here is my artist statement about my piece in the auction:

This three color print features the popular character, Toast, from my Curls comic strips. Toast is a life-sized toast with two punched out holes for his eyes and a giant jelly smile. Now you can always be happy with Toast in your presence!

Another version of this silkscreen sold for $100 when it was on display in Alexandria, Virginia at The Art League's Student/Faculty Show last year... Let's make this Toast go way over that - I'd like to see that happen to raise some major cash for P3! Go Toast!

No comments: