Tuesday, April 26, 2022

Ranger Rick, April 2022


Look for the April 2022 issue of Ranger Rick to see my illustrations printed in this children's nature magazine that is published by the United States National Wildlife Federation.


I did art for an article about the discovery of giant penguin fossil in New Zealand by children who spotted what they thought was a rusty propeller. The two smaller penguins looking up at the big penguin are also from New Zealand (yellow-eyed penguin and little penguin). I figured to put them since they are from the same location and make them specific types to show the scale of the giant penguin. 


The other illustration I did showcases how worms don't have ears, but can hear through their skin! I had a lot of fun with that by making the worm groovy as a gummy while wearing three headphones and jamming to music.

No comments: